Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ipsy September 2015 Arrival

I'm a week behind getting this up. It's been a busy week around the homestead. 
My first initial reaction to seeing everything in the package - small and brown. 

You can review my preliminary thoughts in the Ipsy September 2015 - Preview thread.


Pixi by Petra swatch
tre'StiQue Lip swatch
NYX Trio 


Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio
Awwww, They took it away from it's mommy! Seriously, look at how small it is. I'd say it would be good for touch-ups to my brows during the day, if needed, but it already got lost in my makeup bag.

Color wise, obviously the dark brown is too dark for me, but the other two colors work. Although the two light shade completely disappears on me. Can you even see it in the swatch? It's closest to the right. Swatching on the skin for a brow product, may have been a bad idea.

I still like my E.L.F. brow kit better though; it's colors look more natural on me, I think. But I'm willing to let them duel it out on my face for a day or two.

NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio
I'm not thrilled with the colors, but it is a new brand for my to try. I'll come up with some quick neutral eye to use it with, but it screams to me for more color. Swatched the shadow went on smoothly, and the two lighter colors are shimmery.

I was considering trading this, until the TeenBoy decided to be funny and act like he was putting on the black shadow. The result has now been dubbed PandaBoy and involved much laughter as he was trying to get it off. Oh this shadow does not come off easy with water! I did feel his pain and finally convinced him to use my eye makeup remover; it came right off then.


Eau Thermale Avène Soothing Moisture Mask
To try during the winter when my skin is drier.  Or to try on the Bumblebee's face because her skin get cracking dry in the winter. (I'm usually covering her in lanolin three times a day in the winter)

tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon
Ummm, this is too pale for me! I may have to try an ombre lip to see if I like it then, but right now, not so much.

Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush (C224)
Makeup brush!!! You CAN have too many brushes when the brush is bad. However, I love this brush! Picked up my powder concealer and put on my face wonderfully. I'll try it on the cream concealer when it gets colder out. I am now trying to convince myself into tossing my old concealer brush. but one end still works great.

As a whole, the bag selection was blah, but I like the bag itself. It is obviously a fall basics bag, but fall around here still involves "egg cooking on the sidewalk" hot weather, and I need bright colors. Even when I dress in all black, I have one thing that is brightly colored.

Maybe that is what my problem is with the bag. I still need summer makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment