Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ipsy September 2015 Preview




Ipsy previews came out yesterday, and this is what I'm getting.

Ipsy descriptions italicized.









Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio
Define & highlight for an instant brow lift! With three matte shades to mix and match, this palette lets you customize for the perfect brow color to instantly frame your face.
This "define your brow" thing is new to me. I've got me some thick eye brows, so I never really thought about doing anything with them until recently, when I started to get grey in brows. So I picked me up an E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit, and have been practicing. I think I, doing okay, but what on earth do I know. Now I'm getting a product from someone else to test against. Before shots, comparison using one on each brow...

NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio
This 3-color eye shadow palette gives you go-anywhere intensity day or night thanks to the highly pigmented formulations. Provides intense eye colors with a silky texture for seamless application for any eye look that you desire. It consists of 3 complementing eye shadows to wear together or alone.
  • Each eye shadow provides great color payoff with every application.
  • Create any look on the go with the help of the dual applicator that allows you to apply, smudge and line your eyes effortlessly.
  • Exclusive palette designed by NYX just for ipsters!
When I first starting seeing the spoilers for this one, I was drooling over the pretty dark green shadow in the pallette along with the gold and cream colors. Now seeing a closer picture, I don't think that is green! or gold. It looks like cream, brown and a dark brown or black. I already have several cream colors, and too many browns of various shades (light to dark and every shade between) so I'm not so thrilled now.

Eau Thermale Avène Soothing Moisture Mask
This rich, creamy, non-setting skincare mask provides intensive soothing care to dehydrated and over-stressed skin. Its unique formula deeply penetrates skin and in minutes, sensitive or tired skin can become supple, soft and radiant again. It also offers instant relief for burns, sunburns, redness and tightness.
  • Replenishes moisture to dehydrated skin and helps restore skin’s barrier
  • Minimizes redness
  • Paraben-free, Hypoallergenic, Non-Comedogenic, Vegan and Gluten-Free
MASK!!! I have no facial masks in my possession, so bonus!

tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon
Fall in love with this new matte lip color. It’s buttery soft, rich, yet light as air and uber comfortable with a futuristic vibrant finish. Infused with Vitamin E, and Monoi Tahiti Butter for moisturization and antioxidant properties

  • Deposits rich color that you can build
  • Contains Vitamin E and Monoi Tahiti Butter
  • Modern radiant matte finish

Note to self, that is the lid; don't freak out when you see that in the bag. I guess I'm getting the nude color pictured. Eh. Not sure I'm a fan of the color.

Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush (C224)
The Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush is made of 100% Flexible Japanese Torray Taklon Bristles (synthetic). The brush can be used for application and blending of all concealer formulas, emollient products and for applying cream based shadows. The tapered tip is for precision placement and great for use around the lip area to conceal when wearing bold colors.
A girl can never have too many brushes, and the concealer brush I do have is shedding like a huskie in the south.

All in all, I'm not sure how I feel about this month's bag. All are new products by brands I've never tried. On the other hand, such dull neutrals. Is there a plan for a vibrant October bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment