Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lies of the Bathroom Scale

I am overweight. I know this and know exactly what I need to do to lose it (exercise).
I note this because a couple of weeks ago, my little Bumblebee wanted to see all the numbers on the bathroom scale, as she can only get it to show two numbers, so I jumped up on it for her; 183 lbs. Yep, same as it has been for the past several years.
This morning, while getting ready for the day, I thought that maybe I should officially track my weight. No reason, just me thinking it was time to start actually doing something about the lack of exercise.
174 lbs.

Umm, what!?
I'm shocked, to say the least, and I think the scale is wrong or I misread it since I haven't had my tea yet. Again, 174 lbs.
I immediately tell hubby the bathroom scale is broken, because there is no way I could have lost almost 10 pounds in two weeks. My routine has not changed.
Hubby disagrees with me and points out what has changed.


  1. Bumblebee is being kept home from daycare everyday (so we can save money until one of us has a full time income again)
  2. My mom and I have been taking my kids, nieces, and nephews to the zoo once a week.
  3. We've also been taking all of the kids swimming 2 -3 times a week.
Oh look! I have been exercising! And this routine won't be changing for at least a month, so...

Yeah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment