Friday, July 31, 2015

Haul of Clinique from Macy's

Several weeks ago I took advantage of some Clinique gift with purchase sales at Macy's and doubled my makeup box. Which really isn't saying much, but I got some new eyeshadow colors I've wanted and new items to try.

Great Skin Home & Away Skin Type 3/4 set included full and travel sizes of Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula, Clarifying Lotion 3 (toner), and Dramatically Different
Moisturizing Gel
Not using this at the moment. I want to finish the regimen I'm currently using so I can get a full analysis of how it works on my skin.

Summer in Clinique 6-piece set included a tote, Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 40 in Light, High Impact Mascara in Black (full size), Limited Edition All About Shadows Pallette (Limited Jute Brown, 2W Blushed, Limited Pink Gold, Limited Moroaccan Brown, Limited Sahara Sun, Limited Glass Slipper), Long Last Glosswear in 26 Woo Me, and All About Eyes
I admit it it. I only got this for the tote and eyeshadow. Although I had neutral colored shadows, I didn't have these shades and these are shimmery. I like shimmery eyeshadows for my eyes, as I wear glasses, matte tends to get lost behind them. I wasn't happy about the lip color that came with it, but mostly because pink. Again.
On to individual break down…

Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 40 in Light - I'm going on record as saying that I am white. As in 2nd degree burns if I go outside for an hour without sunblock. And not just any sunblock, it must be BullFrog Ultimate Sheer Protection sunscreen. It's the only one that I have found to work for me. I can put on a layer first thing in the morning, and another an hour before going out in the sun, and I can spend 6 hours without having to reapply, swimming and sweating included. All other sun blocks I've tried have failed. I would still end up with 2nd degree sunburn even applying every hour.
I mention this so you know where I'm coming from when I tried the Super City Block. The shade it came in was perfect for me, not too dark, not too light, and it felt nice on my face, not slightly greasy like I'm used to with sunblocks. It also gave me light to medium coverage. Unfortunately after 30 minutes at the pool, my face started to pinken, and it was off to the shade I went to reapply, this time using my tried and true.
So I'll be keeping this for indoor wear, because it did cover great, my pores weren't too obvious and it didn't leave me oily. Add to the built in SPF, it would be great for everyday usage, but not for heavy sun days.

High Impact Mascara in Black (full size) - Since the great makeup cleanup, I have two sample size mascaras, this one and another brand. Now I have a full size of this!
I have great lashes. They are long and curl on their own. Statement of fact, not bragging. I've got nice lips too. And HUGE pores; seriously if I could refine the oil on my face, I would never have to pay for gas again. Back to the subject at hand…
I really like this mascara. It goes on my upper and lower lashes without clumping, and I only need one swipe for the day. If I wanted to go for uber-long looking lashes, I can let the first layer dry and then reapply.

Limited Edition All About Shadows Pallette (Limited Jute Brown, 2W Blushed, Limited Pink Gold, Limited Moroaccan Brown, Limited Sahara Sun, and Limited Glass Slipper) -  In order listed these are a dark brown, pink, mauve or brown-pink, brown, peach-nude, and white-cream. All with shimmery look.
I love these. With or without primer. Using a brush, a little bit goes a long way, and they look awesome on me!




Long Last Glosswear in Woo Me - It's pink. And it's sticky. I took it off 5 minutes after putting it on, because my hair kept sticking to my lips. I have another pink gloss that isn't sticky I can use, but never do. This one will probably go to the nieces for playing dress-up with, as even my Bumblebee doesn’t like the sticky hair lips.

All About Eyes - This is eye cream. I needed some more, as I was out and couldn't decide what to get. It's not the full size, but it looks like the jar will last at least a month. Clinique says, "This lightweight eye cream diminishes the appearance of puffs, undereye circles."
We will see and I will report back. I have permanent allergy puffy-black eyes. (See the puffy above? The black is covered with concealer)
It is lightweight and soaks in fast.

Free Gifts with Purchase was Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium, Lash Doubling Mascara, and
Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips.

Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium - When I first tested this on my arm I thought it was going to be too dark, but after putting on my face, it wasn't, but boy did my pores stand out. To top that it was heavy coverage, even after sponging it down (is that called blending now?). I'll be saving this for a date night or other darkened room function, and use the Super City Block for the day to day…wait no I won't, they are sample sizes. Drat, got to keep looking for an affordable foundation.

Lash Doubling Mascara - Holy Cow! You can see my lashes from space! Ok, a little bit of an exaggeration, but I can't wear this with my glasses. My eyelashes kept hitting the glass. I definitely like this formula, but will save it for nights out rather than day to day.

Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips - I have not opened this yet, as I have other makeup remover I'm using and I don't like swapping back and forth. I may have to give that up and test this out. I want to see if it works just as well or better than my current eye makeup remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment