Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ipsy July 2015 Review

tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess - When I found out I was going to receive this, I wasn't too happy. You see, I'm pale. Really pale, and that's with a tan, so bronzers have not been on my radar. Then when I got it and saw how dark it was, I figured I'd pass it on to another in my family who it would match. However, after looking up how to wear bronzer (light hand, light hand), I found I love it. I can give myself a touch of color without looking like I'm wearing makeup. Oh look! Healthy glow!

'tini Beauty Eyetini Swizzle Stick Eyeliner in Blue Hawaiian - Hello electric blue! And '80's flashback. I love this eyeliner! Especially because I only have four other eyeliners, two in black, and two in purple, after the cleanup.
The Eyetini went on smoothly and looked great. Unfortunately, I broke a small portion of it off when cleaning it.

BelláPierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in P.I.N.K. - Ok look, another pink lipstick for me; count now is 3 pink lipsticks I own, out of 4 (not counting stains and glosses here, but most of those are punk also). I tried it on over lip primer and meh. It looked uneven and terrible color on me. Not one to give up, I tried it another day without primer, and success! It is gorgeous, and a different shade from my others. And it lasted 6 hours without touching up.

Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Lip Conditioner in Vanilla Coconut Cream - I was really hoping to get the lemonade lip balm instead of this, but then I opened it and wanted to go make a Pina Colada. Then I put it on… First, last, and ongoing impression is I might actually be willing to spend $10 on a lipbalm! I use this first thing in the morning, last thing to go on at night, and my lips are hydratingly wonderful. (Yep, making up words here)
My mother is also an Ipsy subscriber and was threatening to steal this from me, luckily it ended up in her bag too. Now to keep hiding from the 4 year old.

Jor'el Parker Classico perfume  - As I said in a previous post, ugh perfume. Perfumes turn on me, and I've only found one that I like. Until now. This smells light, and after wearing it, wonderful. I can't figure out the notes though, but I don't care. It comes in a rollerball, so I'm not "smelling up" the whole room; I can put a little or a lot, right where I want it. I'm looking forward to wearing this when hubby gets home to see what he has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment