Friday, August 14, 2015

bareMinerals 11-piece Beauty Surprise Collection July 2015 - Redeux

Now that I've gotten a chance to wear the makeup, I've formed a more robust opinion of the bareMinerals makeup. You can see my initial impression here.


bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara (in black) - I noted before that I had never used this type of wand before, and, after first stabbing myself in the eye with it, found it easy to use. The mascara went on without clumps and I was able to get even the tiny lashes in the corner of the eye. Additionally, the mascara lasted all day without fallout or flaking, and easily came off with makeup remover at the end of the day. This will be add to my list to get again.

Active Cell Renewal Night Serum - I tried this at night the first time, and it left my face a little tacky. Not so much that I was disgusted, but noticeable. However, come morning, my face was not as oily as it usually was. Fluke? So I put in on during my morning routine, and although there was noticeable oil on my face after 4 hours, there wasn't as much as there usually is. If fact, there was a lot less (it's usually running down like sweat). Color me impressed. But is it worth $50 for 1 Fl. Oz?  I don't know, and there are many other sample to try too.
I was able to get three uses out of the sample, and on the third day noticed that the redness from the pimples on my face (mentioned below) were barely noticeable. I've never had acne redness heal that quickly.

Black Patent Leather bag - This bag immediately got designated for the multitude of lippies I have. There is still room left in the bag, but it doesn't fit easily into my bathroom drawer.

Mineral Veil® Finishing Powder in Original - It's loose powder. I haven't noticed anything exceptional about it, other than it is a good replacement of the one that was tossed in the Purge of 2015.

Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Summer Bisque - Day 1 using, I put on this concealer and then covered with liquid foundation...oops. Although it may not be too dark for me. I guess I have picked up a little sum this summer.
Day 2: Works great covering up a zit that popped up overnight. (Seriously! Cycle was last week! Why now?) When using under eyes, it looks cakey.

Eyecolor in Nightfall full size - This does not match the Clinique brown I have. This one has more shimmer to it and is a slightly lighter brown, which may be due to the shimmer.
A little bit goes a long way with this eye-shadow.

Marvelous Moxie™ Lipgloss in Dare Devil  - This lip gloss looks dark in the tube, but goes on sheer, with a hint of color.


It was glossy, moisturizing, and not sticky! This is going into rotation, and I'll be using it to "upgrade" the many pink lipsticks I have.

Big & Bright Eyeliner, one in Plum and one in Charcoal - These come with a smudge sponge and sharpener built in!
Plum - Went on smoothly, and I was able to layer it to darken the color. It also grabbed additional eye shadow that I swept over it.
Charcoal - Also went on smoothly. I was able to add a feint line to my lower lash line and smudge it out beautifully, without looking like I got punched in the eye.

Prime Time™ Neutralizing Foundation Primer full size - This is yellow and moisturizer thick. The yellow went on pretty sheer on my face and helped cover up a pimple that has decided to show up. (Haha, a pimple. More like the Hawaiian Islands of pimples.) Initial application felt greasy.

5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Blushing Apricot full size - This color on me matches my eyelids perfectly, so I used it as a primer, and holy cow! I didn't see any shadow creasing until hour 8!

Feather Light Brush - I found this works great with dusting off eyeshadow fall after application, and using with blush.

Soft Focus Face Brush - Works great with loose powder, for which is what it  was made. I love how soft it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment